iOS10 is here!
Aurasma is an Apple beta partner and has been preparing for iOS 10 since it was announced in June 2016. There have been no major issues found in Aurasma operating on iOS 10 devices, but a few minor issues were identified and addressed.
Aurasma's white-label and SDK products will continue to work. We'll be releasing an update to the Aurasma app, slated to hit the App Store next week.
Frequently Asked Questions about Aurasma and iOS 10
What devices does iOS 10 Support?
iOS 10 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 5 or newer
- iPad 4th generation, mini 2, Pro or newer
- iPod Touch 6th generation or newer
- For details reference Apple's list at http://www.apple.com/ios/ios10-preview/
What devices does Aurasma app for iOS Support?
Aurasma continues to support the current and 1 previous version of the operating system: iOS 9 and iOS
10. iOS 8 is no longer supported. (Note: the app may still operate on older operating systems, but Aurasma will officially only support the current and 1 previous version of iOS.)
Do I need to update the Aurasma app if my device is on iOS 10?
Yes. Look for an update in the app store next week.
Do I need to update the Aurasma app if my device is on iOS 9?
Will the new release of the Aurasma app work on an iOS 9 device?
What Development Tools does Aurasma SDK support?
- Reference: https://aurasma.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206534295-What-development-tools-do-you-support-
- The Aurasma SDK will now have support for Xcode 8.x (https://developer.apple.com/xcode/)
- Aurasma SDK continues to support XCode 5.x and 6.x.
Do I need to update my Aurasma SDK app to support iOS 10 devices?
Yes. Per the new iOS 10 requirements, you will need to update the permissions dialog text with reasons for accessing device functions.
Is there a new version of the Aurasma SDK that I should download and implement?
Do I need to update my Aurasma SDK app to support iOS 9 devices?
Is the new SDK backwards compatible with iOS 9 devices?