What is a Trigger Image?
Trigger Images are the real world images or objects you want Aurasma to be able to recognise in order to deliver an AR experience on your mobile device. You can upload Trigger Images to your Aurasma Studio account where they will automatically be trained by our Studio to be recognised by our technology.
What specifications do Trigger Images need to meet to be uploaded and recognised successfully?
A Trigger Image needs to be:
• A JPEG or PNG file
• Less than 500,000 pixels in size (width x height) when uploaded to your account
What makes for a strong, easily recognisable Trigger Image?
Using a good Trigger is the most crucial step in creating a great Aurasma experience. You can have the most amazing video content or 3D animations, but without a dependable Trigger Image, the performance of the Aura will be negatively affected.
A good Trigger Image means the Aura will activate smoothly and the Overlays will track well.
Qualities for good Trigger Images are:
- Tonal variation and contrast
- Unique shapes and forms
- Lots of detail across the entire image
What makes a bad Trigger Image?
- Sparse images, including basic logos
- Very dark images with no tonal variation
- Recurring and identical features (patterns, text)
- Blurs and gradients