Creating Auras in the new Aurasma Studio
The Aurasma Studio offers a streamlined, step by step process for uploading your assets and pulling them together to create Auras. ‘Auras’ are the name we give to the visual augmented reality (AR) experience you get when connecting digital assets like videos and web pages to a real world image or object which Aurasma can recognize.
The key components of an Aura are a Trigger Image (the image or object Aurasma recognizes) and an Overlay (the digital element that is launched on your mobile device when the Aurasma viewfinder recognizes a Trigger Image). Auras can include multiple Overlays, and those Overlays can have various commands attached to them.
How to create an Aura in the new Studio:
- When logged into your Studio account, click ‘Create New Aura’ in the top right of the screen.
- In the next window, click the add icon to upload a Trigger Image, or select one that already exists in your account.
- Name your Trigger Image, use the ‘Browse’ option to find an image you want to upload, offer a description if you choose to, and click ‘Save'.
- Use the masking tool to strengthen your Trigger if necessary, then click 'Next'.
- To the right of the Trigger Image, click the add icon to upload an Overlay, or to select one already in your account.
- Name your Overlay, use the ‘Browse’ option to find an Overlay you want to upload, offer a description if you choose to, and click ‘Save’.
- Use the tools beneath the Aura view to place the Overlay however you want it to appear in relation to the Trigger Image. To the right of the Aura view, click ‘Add Action’ to add a command to an Overlay (web page click through, auto-full screen, and so on). When the Aura is complete, click ‘Next’;
- Name the Aura, add hashtags, and click ‘Share’ to make this Aura publicly viewable in the Aurasma app!