The best program you can use is Autodesk 3DS Max or Maya versions 2012 and upwards. Using either of these - download & install the OpenCollada plugin which enables you to export OpenCollada format dae files. These are the most stable. You can get the plugin for free here: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCOLLADA/wiki/OpenCOLLADA-Tools
OpenCollda format will allow you to export:
- Lights ( standard omni/point)
- The textures with any of the following channels:
- Bump (using a normal map)
- Specular Colour
- Morph/Blend shape vertex animation (OpenCollada hasn’t released a version of their plugin for some later versions).
- Skin/Smooth Bind modifiers
The default Collada dae format can work, however it is a lot more prone to errors as it does differ from the OpenCollada format our tech is expecting.
Other 3D application export information in a dae format with a different syntax - one HP Reveal isn't designed to read – so we can’t guarantee they’ll all work.
HP Reveal Team